HAVE A ZIGGY KIND OF DAY!!!

HAVE A ZIGGY KIND OF DAY!!!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Making Memories Together

Hi my pals, I hope you are all doing good and safe from snow storms. We got 5 or 6 inches here, but it has stopped snowing. 

It has been kind of sad around blogville lately, we have so many sick pals in need of POTP and our love and comfort. My sweet Remington got some bad news that you can read about on his blog The Life and Times of Remington  . I can't really talk about it as the tears have been falling all day. 

I have had some time to think and here goes. None of us really know when we will cross the bridge. Here is what I have had the privilege to learn from Remington and from our pal Pip. Wake up tomorrow and LIVE! Grab hold of the day and don't waste a minute of it. Open your eyes and look at the trees, the snow, the grass, take it all in. Share what you see with your pals and lets give each other memories. 

When our time comes, we will always have those memories they don't go away or cross any bridges. They are ours to keep. I will always remember when Pip's girl had a sleep over and put a dress on him. He looked so cute! I will always remember Remington with his football running outside. I will always remember Frankie and Ernie in their tidey whiteys in the lake and Puddles getting into...everything!

I am not saying it is over, by any means. We have many memories still to come. I am only saying that I will not take anything for granted. I will grab hold fiercely and keep those memories in my heart for future days, when I might need them. Right now I am going to keep creating more of them with my sweet pals.





Remington is feeling fine and has invited me in his private jet to go to Mardi Gras. I am so excited, I have never been to New Orleans before. We will be at the Valentine Ball and I can't wait for that, since it is also our first anniversary. We will be fine and enjoy each day together. I told Remington a big secret and now I am sharing it with all of you.


Are 


you 


ready??


I love him!! I hope he likes the song I picked. It is one of my Moms favorites and it makes me happy. 

I love you all my sweet pals, lets make lots of memories together!

Loveys Sasha

27 comments:

Dougall-the-Scottie said...

You are right Sasha. Life is for the living and memories are forever!

GOOSE said...

Beautiful words Sasha. And words to live by, and I will.
Blessings,
Goose

Millie and Walter said...

What a wonderful post. I will make sure to make the most of every day.

Millie

SquirrelQueen said...

Sasha, this is a beautiful post. We need to live every day to the fullest as we never know what tomorrow may bring.

Kitty Kisses and Hugs,
Cindi Lou & The Kitty Krew
Georgia and Adam
and Mom

Piappies World said...

We extend our crossed paws for Remington. We take each day as a blessing.

Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Max, Wai-Pai & Forgie

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We were so sad to read Remington's latest post. But we know he'll live to the fullest for the time he has left.

We already knew you loved him...as if that's been a secret.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Sketching with Dogs said...

Everybuddy needs to make the most of every day of their life.
We will go and see Remingon now and give him our best wishes.
Dip Bridge and Elliot x

bichonpawz said...

We are still in a teary mood here as well Sasha...but you have written a beautiful post! We will seize the day! Thank you for making everyone see the positive side. xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Unknown said...

Sasha, life is for the living and memories are forever! We send love ,hugs and POTP. We are just so sad today.
Best wishes Molly

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the words Sasha, we have been to visit Remington a couple of times, and we will see you guys at the Valentines Ball.

Your Pals
Sus & Bites

Lovable Lily said...

You are a very wise woman Sasha! Your words today touched our hearts. I think your post should be printed out and passed out for many humans to read. Everyone could learn a lesson or two here.

Our hearts have broken right in half with all this cruddy news. It makes us feel so helpless.

But... Blogville is a wonderful place ~ our family, so we will rally together, be there for each other through thick and thin, show support, pray together, and console each other in times of sorrow. We are never alone.

Thanks for reminding us just how precious life is.

Keep making those beautiful memories!

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

Idaho PugRanch said...

Thank you Sasha for this beautiful post. It is so hard to be positive with news like this but that is just what we need to do. Enjoy every moment and make wonderful memories.
luv and hugs
Bailey, Hazel & Greta

Cowspotdog said...

it was indeed sad news about remmie - but now is not the time to be sad - it is time for making happy memories that will bring comfort for when the inevitable does happen

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

SASHA.... you have said it so BEAUTIFULLY!!
WE measure time DIFFERENTLY than Peeps do. WE know how to make the VERY VERY most of each moment.
Your words are EXACTLY what WE needed to hear.
AND we know that hearing that SONG and your words of LOVE are what Remington wants to hear!!
Just a gorgeous Post.

K9 Katastrophie said...

What a great post Sahsa!

Licks,
Ruthie

My Mind's Eye said...

Sasha...my sweet sweet friend. This is a beautiful heartfelt post and oh so true. One thing we can teach our peeps is to seize the gold ring with gusto like there is no tomorrow.
As for me I enjoy each and every sun puddle as if it is the first one I've ever seen.

Lots of love to you sweet friend.
Mr. Pip and I will save you and Rem a sit at our table on 2/14/13
Your BFFF
Madi

My Mind's Eye said...

PS
I know I love you!!!
Madi

Ruby said...

Oh my Sweet Pal, this was such a lovely and sweet postie. I know you and Remmie will be living life to the fullest!!
Oh, can you email my Ma...she wants to email you something, butts she doesn't have your email addy!!! How did that happen??? Anyhu, her email is: judi1040(at)gmail(dot)com
Thanks sweetie!
Kisses,
Ruby

AnnStaub said...

You've said it very well sweet Sasha!

tubby3pug said...

I am so sad to hear about Remy but it is good advice to live life to the fullest. Did you get snow from Nemo by you

urban hounds

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Howdy Sasha, that was a beautiful post. We loved the video, it brought back memories for mum. Today we will follow your advice and make some beautiful memories of our own too! No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Dexter said...

Seize the day is the best. Momma pledged to me we would never pass up a chance to walk if we are able and that we will do whatever we can together every day. When Mango died so suddenly, Momma felt good that she had used every day with him to have fun and be close.

I am so sorry about Remington, but I know that he will live every day he has to the fullest and his humans will never let him suffer.

Kisses,
Dexter

Molly the Airedale said...

Your post is the best, Sasha, and so is your header picture!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Mary Lou said...

Sasha....
I read about Remington. Yesterday. I cannot get him or this sad, sad news out of my head. Or my heart. I thought about you upon learning the news. Immediately. You love Remington so, so, so much....
Emotions soar deep with your Blog post. And, I agree with every word. Every. Single. Word. Thanks for sharing your heart....
--Hugs!!--
Love, Raelyn.... Plus Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

Scooter said...

Hey Sasha!
Wow, what a sweet post and you are totally right on about living each day! I know you and Remington will have tons of fabo times. I'm sure he will defy the odds and be with us for a long time. Great memories!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Sashy
You have said some words that are so powerful- and full of wisdom. You are exactly right---and thank you for reminding all of us to hoop it up.
love
tweedles

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'm reminded of the post we did fur Maxx Dog -

I've aleady mentioned this song to Remington -

It is how we should all live our lives
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLS-Dvuqt8k

Maybe the two of woo should get together and romp this year!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra