Hi my pals and good day to you. Today I would like to share some info that Mom and I found in our ASPCA magazine. I thought you might find this helpful and even if you already know it, there might something new to learn(I hopes). Here is the topic: Cold Weather Paw Care Tips, you can go to www.aspca.org/coldweather for more info.
We all have paws and some are smaller like mine.
Some are bigger like my pal Remington( aren't they handsome paws).
To help not have problems in the cold:
1. After each walk, dry our paws so there is no salt or other yuckies in there and check for redness or cracked skin
2. Booties help a lot(if your Mommy can get them on you...sorry Mom), they prevent stuff from getting lodged between your toes and nasty salts on your skin.
3. Trimming the hair on the legs and paws will prevent ice chunks from forming so easy and check for hairs between the toes too.
4. Massaging petroleum jelly before you go out will help protect the paws and lotion after you get back and are cleaned off will prevent cracked skin.
5. PLEASE Use Pet Friendly Ice Melters and not the acid stuff that feels like its gonna burn right through.
6. Remember that if its too cold for you, its too cold for us. We need to stay in as much as possible during the winter and please don't leave us alone in cold cars.
Thats it my pals, I hope you learned something and take care of your feets. We only get the one set, make them last. Loveys Sasha