HAVE A ZIGGY KIND OF DAY!!!

HAVE A ZIGGY KIND OF DAY!!!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Lets talk about our paws

Hi my pals and good day to you. Today I would like to share some info that Mom and I found in our ASPCA magazine. I thought you might find this helpful and even if you already know it, there might something new to learn(I hopes). Here is the topic: Cold Weather Paw Care Tips, you can go to www.aspca.org/coldweather for more info.




We all have paws and some are smaller like mine.

Some are bigger like my pal Remington( aren't they handsome paws).


To help not have problems in the cold:

1. After each walk, dry our paws so there is no salt or other yuckies in there and check for redness or cracked skin

2. Booties help a lot(if your Mommy can get them on you...sorry Mom), they prevent stuff from getting lodged between your toes and nasty salts on your skin.

3. Trimming the hair on the legs and paws will prevent ice chunks from forming so easy and check for hairs between the toes too.

4. Massaging petroleum jelly before you go out will help protect the paws and lotion after you get back and are cleaned off will prevent cracked skin.

5. PLEASE Use Pet Friendly Ice Melters and not the acid stuff that feels like its gonna burn right through.

6. Remember that if its too cold for you, its too cold for us. We need to stay in as much as possible during the winter and please don't leave us alone in cold cars.

Thats it my pals, I hope you learned something and take care of your feets. We only get the one set, make them last.
Loveys Sasha

33 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Sasha for those great tips! I may need them if I ever get to move to New Hampshire. By the way, you may remember my big brother Billy, who died. He used to do this blog. Mom was delighted to have found you again!
Lovies, Miss Mindy

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Sasha this is a SUPER FANGtastic Post. Even though it costs a Tail and a Paw... my mom and dad ONLY use the safe kinda melter stuffs. AND I really appreciate that!!!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

PeeS... in the WINTER... my mom leaves my Nails longer...
by a FRACTION
to improve my TRACTION.
heeeeeheeeeeehehehe

Kari in Alaska said...

Great tips

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Very good advice, Sasha. It doesn't get that cold where I live, but I do know it's not fun having cold frost bitten feeties!

Remington said...

You are such smart and caring lady....thank you for sharing that information. Thank you again for a great evening....you certainly were glowing yesterday! I was a wreck with losing my blog and all....sorry I didn't call you....take care and I will call you this weekend! Hugs, Remington

My Mind's Eye said...

Sasha this is a most informative post!! After today's post saying I needed a job...I might have to make Mom sleep outside she might need this information.
Hugs from your BFFF,
Madi

Dachshund Nola said...

Those were great tips Sasha! Here in hot and sunny Florida I have to go on walks late in the evening or early in the morning so the concrete doesn't burn my feet
Dachshund Nola

3 doxies said...

Thank goodness we don't usually has bad weathers! Then again, I ain't goin' out in da ice and snow anyways...besides I shouldn't take a chance and then has UNperfect paws.
But what does you do when a dogggie don't likes to has their feetsies messed withs? My brudder is dat way.

Puddles

Molly the Airedale said...

That was an excellent post with brilliant pointers, Sasha. Thank you!

Love ya lots,
Mitch

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Great advice, Sasha. Now if only we had enough snow around here to put it to the test:) Our humans don't use any chemicals for ice but if we go for a walk, we do have to be careful because the city dumps tons of salt on the road.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Sasha
that is so smart of you to share these tips with all of us!
gosh- you are so well informed!
thank goodness for you!
love
tweedles

Anonymous said...

purchase ativan ativan side effects fetus - ativan injection

Anonymous said...

generic xanax xanax 1mg insomnia - legal to order xanax online

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online generic xanax description - xanax side effects hair loss

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem online ambien side effects if you stay awake - zolpidem tartrate zoloft

Anonymous said...

order ambien without prescriptions cost of ambien per pill - ambien safe dosage

Anonymous said...

buy valium online ativan vs valium dosage - valium pill blue

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam for dogs online - valium valrelease diazepam

Anonymous said...

no prescription:valium cheap generic valium - buy valium online no prescription cheap

Anonymous said...

order xanax no prescription xanax nightmares - xanax er

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online buy ativan online in canada - ativan dosage recreational

Anonymous said...

xanax cheap generic xanax works best - xanax recreational use erowid

Anonymous said...

alprazolam xanax buy xanax no prescription uk - buy xanax from mexico online

Anonymous said...

buy soma medication named soma - where to buy aura soma

Anonymous said...

buy soma online generic brand of soma - best place buy soma

Anonymous said...

soma online somanabolic muscle maximizer program - carisoprodol 350 mg snort

Anonymous said...

buy valium online lyrics sweet valium high charlotte sometimes - order valium canada

Anonymous said...

order soma carisoprodol half-life urine - high off carisoprodol 350 mg

Anonymous said...

buy valium uk valium side effects skin rash - what is valium high

Anonymous said...

ambien 10 mg online ambien prescription - generic ambien rdy

Anonymous said...

buy valium online get valium online - buy valium uk cheap

Anonymous said...

buy valium diazepam valium and breastfeeding - valium side effects list